Craftsman 1/2hp compressor repair

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1700 by JohnProj
Replied by JohnProj on topic Craftsman 1/2hp compressor repair
MTR,
Okay, I see what I'm missing. The picture shows the piston IN the sleeve and that's why I can't see the sleeve and seal separately. My apologies.

Just for reference, what is the diameter of the piston in the 1903 kit? And what is the ID of the piston rod?

Just looking at the pictures, it looks like the 1901 kit might be a better match based on the head gasket shape. What is the diameter of the piston in the 1901 kit? And what is the ID of the piston rod?

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #1701 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Craftsman 1/2hp compressor repair
John,

No worries. Attached are a couple of drawings of the Cylinder Sleeve and of the Connecting Rod which are included in the 1903 kit.

I couldn't locate this information for the 1901 kit right off hand.

Hope this helps.

- MTR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnProj

7 years 10 months ago #1706 by JohnProj
MTR,
Wow, the manufacturing drawings your provided for the 1903 kit were really helpful. I measured my piston and sleeve and they match the dimensions on the drawings for the 607162 piston (my piston has "162" stamped under the head just like the drawing states). There is no part number stamped on my sleeve, but the dimensions match those of the 615505 drawing.

The only part of the 1903 kit that doesn't match my compressor is the head gasket. Again, it looks like the gasket of the 1901 kit is the right shape but I wonder if the piston and sleeve in the 1901 kit are the same as those in the 1903 kit. Were you able to dig up any drawing for the 1901 kit?

Getting the right repair kit would be a whole lot better than trying to mod my compressor to work with the SK120780 kit parts. Now that I've done a little more research, with a lot of help from you, I'm going to contact the person who gave me the kit and see if we can work something out with the right kit. I'll let you know.

John

7 years 10 months ago #1708 by MTR-Admin
That's great to hear, sounds like we're almost there.

I've asked my Thomas rep for some drawings for the 1901 kit components. Hopefully I can obtain these first thing tomorrow morning; this should answer all of our questions regarding the two kits and which components you have.

I'll let you know!

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1715 by MTR-Admin
John,

I've attached the drawings for the Conrod and Cylinder components in the 1901 kit for your reference. Hopefully this is helpful.

- MTR
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnProj

7 years 10 months ago #1717 by JohnProj
MTR,
Thanks for getting the manufacturing drawings for the 1901 kit. The piston and cylinder sleeve are not the same as those in the 1903 kit. Interesting. Since the 1903 parts are a match to my compressor parts, except for the head gasket, it looks like the 1903 kit is the one I would need.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the person who gave me the SK120780 repair kit. Then I'll decide what to do.

John

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds