Need help identifying Quincy 325 roc

8 years 10 months ago #1073 by Socotech
Need help identifying Quincy 325 roc was created by Socotech
I'm pretty sure it's a Quincy 325 roc 7, but I don't have a data plate to confirm.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #1074 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Need help identifying Quincy 325 roc
Thanks for the post!

I'll contact my Quincy rep to see if I can confirm this. I'll reply as soon as I have any information.

- MTR

8 years 10 months ago #1075 by MTR-Admin
I've attached a document from Quincy that should certainly help you identify this pump. It's tough to say exactly what the ROC# is, unless you see a "7" somewhere on the crankcase, which would confirm it's a ROC# 7 pump.

This pump is from the 1950's with a ROC# that low, so most likely rebuilding it won't be worth it.

I hope this helps.

- MTR
Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #1076 by Socotech
Replied by Socotech on topic Need help identifying Quincy 325 roc
There is a 7 stamped on the flywheel end of the crankshaft. Believe it or not, the bottom end looks really good. No rust or slack that I can see. I drained the oil, pulled the inspection cover, and pulled the valves out of the head. Valves are nasty but crankcase looks good. I'd like to rebuild the top end and just see how she does. I love old American made equipment! I did test run this compressor before I started tearing it down and it was making air with no knocks. Thank you for your help and replies.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1077 by Socotech
Replied by Socotech on topic Need help identifying Quincy 325 roc

Thanks for the document. I've printed it out and everything looks to be the same as my pump except on mine somebody routed one of the unloader lines from top of the unloader to the tank
Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #1078 by MTR-Admin
That's great to hear, I completely agree regarding the good 'ol American made equipment and this is one of 'em! I'd contact Quincy to find a dealer (if you're not sure where they're located) at 251-937-5900.

Or, click on the below link to input your zipcode to find an authorized service center:

www.quincycompressor.com/sales-service-locator/

Glad to help!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds