Head bolt Torque

6 years 4 months ago #2269 by KWF340
Head bolt Torque was created by KWF340
The head gasket went on my compressor (NorthStar 45924A) and I have a new set of gaskets on the way. The question I have is what are the torque specs for the head, intercooler and aftercooler bolts?

Also, when I removed the head and inspected the valve plate, one of the valves looked dirty (see pics). Is this a sign that something is wrong with the valve? I plan on soaking it in kerosene to clean it up. Should I remove the valve from the plate to further clean it up?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #2270 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Head bolt Torque
Thanks for the post!

This pump is the "B6000" pump, and many different labels used this in the past.

I've attached the parts diagram as a .pdf to this post, which also shows you the torque specifications you requested. I'll do a little more research on the valve issue you have and reply when I have the information.
Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #2271 by MTR-Admin
To answer your question about the exhaust valve...

Exhaust valves are always typically "dirty" as they compress the air and any residual oil in the cylinder. It also super heats the valves.

Cleaning is best. I don't think you should disassemble the valves as they may break upon assembly or disassembly.

Hope this helps!

- MTR

6 years 4 months ago #2276 by KWF340
Replied by KWF340 on topic Head bolt Torque
Thanks!

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2277 by KWF340
Replied by KWF340 on topic Head bolt Torque
I just tried to put my pump back together and I noticed the gaskets in the kit do not fit my compressor (45924A). I looked at the picture of the gasket kit that I purchased ( Gasket kit ; zoomed pic of the kit attached) and see that they are different from the gaskets I received. Specifically, I did not receive the two intercooler “rectangular” gaskets in the attached picture (the rectangular gaskets with the round hole). Also, the head and valve plate gaskets, while similar to my original gaskets, are smaller (see other pics showing original and new gaskets side-by-side and on top of each other). The number on the kit I received is 53N0056 – did I receive the wrong kit?

Edit - Looks like I did receive the wrong kit. This is what I received Received kit . Is the correct kit still available?

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #2279 by MTR-Admin
It does appear that you received the wrong kit. You received the B5900 gasket kit, where you need the B6000 pump gasket kit.

Please call us at 757-547-8665 and speak with a sales representative. We'll go ahead and get to the bottom of this and take care of you so you get the correct parts.

Thank you!

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: KWF340

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds