No air pressure

6 years 6 months ago #2160 by Rickatom
No air pressure was created by Rickatom
I have a Lowes Kobalt 5 gal. Electric air compressor. Within the same day, it was working then it was not.
The motor turns on and off. Not reading air pressure to air guage.
I called customer service, no service available outside 100 miles. Tried to narrow down problem and ordered a new pressure switch. I just installed it, same problem.
I remove airline that feeds tank from the compressor. I feel air flow. Turns off and on with no problem.
I opened up the cover to the motor. I did notice a gray burnt something coming out of the start capacitor 250uf, yet no issue running.
Any suggestions????
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #2163 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic No air pressure
Thanks for the post!

Do you have the model# of the air compressor? This will help me trouble shoot.

I would say first of all, replace the capacitor. Even though the unit runs, it's leaking so it definitely needs replacing. It may be causing the problem, too. It may have enough "juice" to kick the unit on and run, but not keep running.

- MTR

6 years 6 months ago #2165 by Rickatom
Replied by Rickatom on topic No air pressure
Compressor # 0320541

Archway, manufacturer of kobalt tools for Lowes says i need to order motor pump assy. Sorta messed up being my motor runs.

I called back today and not in stock. So awaiting call from manufacturer.

Assy is about 100.00.

6 years 6 months ago #2166 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic No air pressure
Thank you, that's a newer model that we don't carry parts for but if you can't replace the capacitor only, the only other option may be to replace the entire motor/pump assembly. That's more often the case these days, individual parts aren't available for many newer units.

- MTR

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2169 by Rickatom
The pump and motor are one assy. My motor runs fine but the pump is capoo. I just cant buy the pump.
After speaking with different suppliers and vendors, Archway the last, I have now to wait to receive a call from another supplier, being this assy is not on hand at the last place I called in IL.
I called this morning and no call all day.
Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #2170 by Rickatom
Where do I go from here. I have not gotten s return call from the vendor/supplier about being able to get as new part assy replacement

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds