No air pressure

6 years 7 months ago #2172 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic No air pressure
Well, the only option I see is to work with Lowe's or Archway. Unfortunately I don't have parts or much info for this unit, so being Kobalt is the Lowe's exclusive brand, they're the only outlet for replacement parts.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #2174 by Rickatom
Replied by Rickatom on topic No air pressure
Archway is telling me they submitted my info to the manufacturer. They will probably have to build me the needed part. Not something sitting on a shelf.
They have a business week contact me, even before I get an answer.

6 years 6 months ago #2178 by Rickatom
Updated progress on Kobalt air compressor. After being in touch with Lowes, Kobalt, and their vendor/suppliers and affiliates, I finally got somewhere.
Well first off I bought a new pressure switch. After I installed it, and ran compressor, I realized still same problem, no air pressure.
After getting back on the phone, they finally sent me to the motor manufacturer. They sent me a New motor/pump assembly. I reassembled the compressor components. I started up the compressor and now only get 50lbs of air pressure. What Now???? New switch, and New motor/pump. I tried raising and lowering pressures on the switch, but no avail.
Any suggestions???? If I disconnect the flex line from the pump to the tank, there seems to be plenty of air flow. If I disconnect the line from tank to the switch, I feel a steady stream. If I feel air through the exhaust side of switch it is flowing, and if I directly screw pressure gauge to the switch, 50lbs. So I am at a loss...

6 years 6 months ago #2179 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic No air pressure
Rickatom,

It doesn't make sense that you wouldn't get more than 50 PSI if you replaced the motor/pump assembly and the pressure switch.
The pump/motor is what obviously creates pressure so as long as you don't have any major air leaks anywhere, it should be operating as it should.

I would run the unit with the main discharge tube off for about 15 to 20 minutes. It's possible the reed valves in the pump need to be broken in, so run it for a bit with the tube off, then re-connect it and see if it works for you.

- MTR

6 years 6 months ago #2181 by Rickatom
I will run it without a load, then reconnect to tank.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds