Coleman Powermate Black Max Problem

9 years 2 months ago #906 by Racinfan83
Replied by Racinfan83 on topic Coleman Powermate Black Max Problem
The old impact I have no idea and nothing to tell me. I will have to look at the box on the new one when I get home from work tonite. I just know something happened on the air supply side, as my old impact just started acting up. And then the new one acted the same way (but with more initial "ummph" cuz it's a way better gun. This is not the normal pressure bleed down until it drops low enough to trip the motor back on. This is an initial full pressure shot for a second and then it drops waaay down to where you can hold the trigger on puttputt for a minute or more before it will even bleed off enough to trip motor... I'm pretty mechanically experienced - but this thing has me kinda baffled. I will post the cfm tonite on the new impact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #913 by Racinfan83
The CFM on the impact is 5.0 @ 90psi. This compressor does 6.5 @ 90 so I should be good? ?

9 years 2 months ago #916 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman Powermate Black Max Problem
Yep, you should be good.

It's most likely the Regulator, then; a rebuild kit is probably the way to go. My rep said that some debris may be in the regulator manifold/hose, causing this.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Racinfan83

9 years 2 months ago #920 by Racinfan83
Cool, Thank You! I will take it apart and check it first and probably just get a rebuild kit for good measure. Any more wierd problems I will post back. Thanks!!!

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds