Craftsman 6Hp/30 gal - can't recharge w full tank

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1677 by FLAir5
Ok, actually upon closer inspection, it appears that is the way it is built...would you agree - see attached pic of the underside. I guess it is a standalone part too. I guess I'll just make sure the contacts are clean on it

Update: Cap tested fine, corrosion on the terminals...cleaned and putting back together w fingers crossed!

Update: Nope...same thing ...grrrrr!

So, check valve fine, pressure switch fine, capacitors fine, motor start/centrigul switch fine (I think - I used sandpaper and cleaned contacts very well - could it still be defective?) Anything else it could be? Getting ready to dump this thing and buy a new one! :angry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #1686 by MTR-Admin
Hmm, at this point I think it may be worth taking this in to a repair shop to have it looked at. I think it would be worth doing so before you junk it.

It could very well be a motor problem. If the Caps test OK, then the Motor is probably the culprit. It's just difficult from here for me to diagnose it w/out physically having it here with me.

I would try calling DeVilbiss directly at 888-992-4657, as they made this unit for "Craftsman". This is their technical help phone# so try them and see if a tech can give you some information that will help you, in which I missed.

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1690 by FLAir5
Thanks. Good suggestion. I'll give that a shot. REALLY don't want to junk it...as it would be pretty expensive to replace this with one with similar SCFM rating (6.4 @ 90 or 8.6 @ 40). Thanks again for the help troubleshooting!

7 years 10 months ago #1692 by MTR-Admin
I'm certainly glad to help, hope I did just a little!

Feel free to let us know if you narrow down the problem, would be good to know what the culprit is.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds