Coleman Powermate Check Valve

5 years 2 months ago #1145 by sjewell

I purchased a 041-0003 Manifold conversion kit for my Coleman compressor. It would not fit with the setup you sent so I had to replace the 45 on the check valve leg with a 90. Now the bleeder screw on the side of the check valve constantly leaks air. So I replaced it with a 1/8" plug. I started filling the compressor and at about 60 psi the check valve starts to squeal loudly. Best I can tell the noise is coming from the check valve, it is hard to tell with the compressor running. Suggestions?

Please JLOGIN or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #1149 by MTR-Admin

I'll try to help any way I can, but could you first take a photo of the kit you assembled so I could see it? This would help.

- MTR

5 years 2 months ago #1154 by sjewell

Here are the pics.

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #1155 by sjewell

Hope these help. Thanks

5 years 2 months ago #1156 by MTR-Admin

Glad to help if I can, certainly.

Did you apply teflon tape to the 1/8" plug that you installed in the side of the check valve? By the photo it doesn't appear as though the plug is taped; I would do this as air could escape from the threads if it's not taped.

I will correspond with another tech to narrow down this problem, and reply ASAP. I think I may know what the issue is but I'd like to confirm first before I say so.

- MTR

5 years 2 months ago #1157 by sjewell

No I did not and it could be leaking around the plug. It sounds like it is coming from that area, but when I feel for air when it whistles I can't find anything. Thanks again for your help.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds