Coleman Powermate Check Valve

8 years 6 months ago #1216 by sjewell
Replied by sjewell on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Sorry about that. Cranial anal insertion issue. Here is the part number. I noticed it says 125, but it is not stopping at that for sure.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #1220 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Sorry for the delay...

That does seem like the correct pressure switch, yes. If the max PSI rating is 125 and you're seeing 140 PSI on your tank gauge (assuming the gauge is accurate), that would be indicative of a defective pressure switch. Every now and then we do see new switches having this problem, so it's not unheard of.

I would try adjusting the high-end cut-off PSI first, as you may be able to decrease the cut off pressure.

You can watch a video on how to do just this at the below link:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-adjust-p...-switch-p-30582.html

There should be a differential adjustment screw in your switch to adjust this, I would start by turning it 1/2 turn C.C.W. to see if that does the trick; if not, adjust it another 1/2 turn CCW.

Hopefully this helps,

- MTR

8 years 6 months ago #1221 by sjewell
I tried this change and it did not work. I did not order the pressure switch from you. I got it from E-replacementparts.com. I had not found you until I broke the manifold.

My compressor is a CP0502013, Coleman Powermate. The pressure switch they sent me is alot different than what was on there, also alot more flimsy. Is this the right part?

8 years 6 months ago #1222 by MTR-Admin
You can find a breakdown of your compressor and the manifold/control assy by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-ba...502513-p-748816.html

The problem is that Coleman used a few different types of switches on this unit during its production, so it can be confusing.

Which pressure switch on the above page does your original pressure switch look like? The most popular switch used was a Furnas pressure switch, which is probably what you had. What you have now is Condor-branded switch and it should work, but the Furnas switches are made better (IMO).

Do you have the original switch still?

- MTR

8 years 5 months ago #1260 by sjewell
I finally got a chance to install my new pressure switch and it is still doing the same thing. It will not shut off automatically. If I turn it off at 130 and turn it back on it does not start the compressor. It starts back up at about 90 but still does not shutdown. Help!

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1261 by MTR-Admin
I'm sorry to hear this, it's quite perplexing to say the least...

You may have already done this, but just to be safe I would do the following:

1. Turn off the unit
2. Drain all of the air from the tank
3. Remove the plug
4. Install teflon tape on the plug.
5. Reinstall the plug.
6. Test

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds