Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor

8 years 8 months ago #1150 by paintballdude05
Replied by paintballdude05 on topic Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor
What are the advantages of the pneumatic style vs. my OE cable style?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #1151 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor
Basically, less moving parts (no cable to kink) makes it a bit more reliable.

The Bullwhip style is more universal as the Airline style won't fit every engine throttle plate, but it does fir the Honda series engines, I know that.

- MTR

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1161 by paintballdude05
Alright so I've made some progress. I have fixed the cable on the throttle control. I cut about a 1/4" off the cable sleeve and was able to find a new 3/16" compression fitting sleeve. Once reassembled, the cable sleeve no longer moves and the throttle control seems to be operating as designed! This will at least help me set the pilot valve correctly. I might just replace the thing anyways in the future.

Here's what it looked like before.

I contacted CDI to see if they offered replacement parts for their valves, which they don't. I was instructed to buy a completely new valve.

Looking on your site, I've found that Conrader offers the replacement part that I need, but for their valves. What are the chances that this would work?

www.mastertoolrepair.com/toggle-rivet-assby-rcb-13l-p-4401.html

Here's what my valve looks like now.

8 years 8 months ago #1170 by MTR-Admin
I reached out to Conrader and they confirmed their Toggle & Rivet Assy (which you have pictured that fits on top of the Pilot Valve) will not fit Control Devices' Pilot Valves, unfortunately.

If you install the original Toggle & Rivet and it still does not activate the throttle control when it should, then it would be best to replace the it; these valves can be quite fickle and sometimes adjusting them can do more harm than good.

Hopefully you're able to re-install the toggle and adjust it accordingly. Feel free to post any results you have and we'll go from there.

- MTR

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1172 by paintballdude05
That's too bad that they are not interchangeable! I find it silly that Control Devices don't offer a replacement part for their valve, what can you do. Thanks for looking into it though.

The throttle control is being activated now, and it releases back like it should. The valve still needs to be adjusted correctly though for the correct cut-in/out pressures. One concern I have is that I seem to be getting some air leakage out of the stem of the Toggle & Rivet Assy. Is this normal?

I'm going to give adjusting it another try. If it doesn't work I'll have to order up a completely new valve once funds become available. I'm also going to need a dipstick for the pump and maybe a regulator rebuild kit if there's a such thing?

One more question, do you guys ship via USPS to Canada?

Thanks!

8 years 8 months ago #1173 by MTR-Admin
It's normal to get a little pressure leaking from the Toggle & Rivet, but it shouldn't be much at all. It just means it needs to be fine-tuned (adjusted) but again, it can be difficult to set it back to the OEM position. Make sure to clean Pilot Valve where the Toggle & Rivet seats well, as debris or gunk can cause it to malfunction.

When the Pilot Valve kicks the unit down to idle, all of the air will obviously bypass the tank and should exhaust from the Pilot Valve's unloader port, so you really shouldn't be getting much air leaking from the Toggle, and none should be leaking from this area while the unit is running.

We do have the Regulator available but like most Ridgid parts, it's only available in the entire Manifold Assy which is part# WL024501AV and sells for around $56 + shipping.

We do have the Dipstick for the pump available, the part# is VT041701AJ and it sells for about $8, if you have the push-in style with the o-ring seal (they also made a thread-in style, which we also have available).

We do ship USPS to Canada, absolutely. Over $100, however, we only use UPS as it's insured.

Hope this helps!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds