Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1524 by paintballdude05
Replied by paintballdude05 on topic Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor
Thanks! I contemplated putting a coat of paint on the engine and pump but I figured I'd leave it the way it is. I was pressed for time, and the rattle can paint I would have put on wouldn't have been as good as the existing coatings.

BTW, I liked the project so much I picked up two other compressors last week. These two are in worst shape than the last unit. Also, I had to buy these units but there's enough meat left to come out on top I believe once I'm done. One is similar if not identical to the last Ridgid but it has a different pump on it. The other is a DeWalt with a seized compressor pump. Would it be worth starting new threads for these rebuilds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1525 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Rigid GP90135 Gas Powered Compressor
A new thread is probably best, yes.

You'll have good luck with finding parts for these two units, so I think the rebuild is worth it. Both have the old Emglo (now Jenny) model "KU" cast iron pump, a very solid pump.

Stanley Black & Decker (who owns the DeWalt brand) now own the rights to the Emglo brand name, but these DeWalt "KU" pumps are NOT the quality of the original Emglo KU pumps; they're now made in India and are far inferior.

The American-made Emglo KU (421-1102 part number) is still made in the same factory in Pennsylvania, now under the "Jenny" name.

You can see a full breakdown of the pump, along as the new pump, by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/series-air-comp...pump-parts-p-30.html

Anyhow, parts are available and I'll be glad to answer any questions you have in the new thread.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds