Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder

10 years 2 months ago #290 by nmhartlaub
Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder was created by nmhartlaub
I have the above unit and it is not coming up to pressure to shut off. Starts fine at 0 psi not abnormally noisy but when the pressure builds it's starts making a screeching noise(like 100 nails on the caulk board) Never gets any more then about 90-95 psi.

I first thought that it was the valves but took it apart this weekend and they seem normally when comparing them to the kit I got from you guys. So I dug deeper into it, the cylinder wall looks perfect.

I am wondering if it blowing past the rings?? They look to be made out of plastic not the type of material I expected to see in a component like this. Kinda lost at what to do next other then throw more parts at it.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #294 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
Thanks for the post!
Take a look at another similar post, this information may help you. I replied with some trouble shooting info that should get you closer to the cause:
forums.mastertoolrepair.com/index.php/fo...turns-over-real-hard

Your compressor may not have tipped over like this, but the issues could be similar. I would check Belt tension, make sure the belt is not crooked, make sure the motor and pump turn easily by hand with the belt off, etc.

Feel free to reply if this doesn't work for you and we can go from there!
- MTR

10 years 2 months ago #295 by nmhartlaub
Replied by nmhartlaub on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
MTR,
This isn't a humming noise like its a compositor. My first step was to remove the belt and run the motor to isolate motor, really quite compared to when the pump is running compared to when it worked even. Everything is moving freely, belt is new, tight and aligned.

It's a building sound; as it builds pressure it intensifies, makes you want to rip your ears off so you don't hear it when it levels out at about 90-95 psi. But of course doesn't shut off cause it never reaches the limit switch max psi.

10 years 2 months ago #297 by MTR-Admin
It could be a Valve issue in the pump, but you mentioned you already checked this out. What is the model# of the compressor?

10 years 2 months ago #300 by nmhartlaub
Replied by nmhartlaub on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
VH300000AV

10 years 2 months ago #301 by MTR-Admin
This is just the Pump model itself, but it helps.

I honestly think you could have a Belt issue, it's just a tell-tale sign that a Belt is too loose and slipping. This is very common.
Unless the Bearings in the pump are frozen, the Belt(s) is the culprit.

To be safe you can contact a rep at Campbell Hausfeld directly (they made this for Husky) at 800-543-6400.
If you solve it after you speak with them, feel free to post the result here!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds