Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #395 by nmhartlaub
Replied by nmhartlaub on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
So I finally had sometime to get back out to the garage and it not be so blasted cold out. I tightened the belt even more and it did get much quieter. BUT... psi still doesn't get above 90. The unit was running and it still seemed louder then I remember it being. So I found a black plastic hose that connects just to the top of the tank (under the mounting plate) that is dumping out air.

This little plastic hose connects to the copper hard line that is coming off the compressors, is this some kind of relieve/check valve?

This looks like it's the part that little black house and the main copper line plug into.
www.mastertoolrepair.com/12-check-valve-ctd1212-p-262.html

But never had a check valve go bad like that, does HOLD press at 90psi.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #396 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
Sounds like that's the problem, a bad Check Valve. It is odd, though, as typically the tank won't hold pressure after it shuts off, because the check valve is held open.

But, it could be that the ball and spring (or diaphragm, depending on the type of check valve) is not opening up all of the way, so it's constricting airflow. Once the tank gets to a certain pressure, the check valve isn't opening up completely so the pump can't pressurize it fully.

This is quite common, I'd put my money on the Check Valve.
- MTR

10 years 3 weeks ago #412 by nmhartlaub
Replied by nmhartlaub on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
Well the check valve along didn't work, still blowing out the bypass for whatever reason(at even lower PSI this time).

Put a plug in the hole in the side of the valve and cycled the unit a few times cuts off right at 135-140psi like it should.

Other units don't have this bypass fitting on so I thought it would be fine. Does it really have a purpose?

10 years 3 weeks ago #413 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 60 gl, single stage duel cylinder
As long as the unit starts up again when it's called for air, it shouldn't hurt plugging this port. The unit has to be able to unload the excess head and line pressure so as long as this happens you should be okay.
If plugging the port works, I would just do this.
Again, you may want to contact a Campbell rep at 800-543-6400 as they may be able to assist you a bit better with trouble shooting this particular problem.

Thanks,
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds