After tank is full, air leakes from switch box

10 years 1 month ago #379 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic After tank is full, air leakes from switch box
That's great to hear! I'm glad this helped, that's the reason these forums exist and hopefully we'll all be able to continue to solve these mysteries for others.
Thanks again for posting!
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #385 by sweepy
Replied by sweepy on topic Senco PC1010 Leaks?
Thanks for the response.

So I checked the check valve and it appears to be working, I think. No air coming from that end.

By the I opened the switch box to blow it out and now got it to cut-in at 90psi and cut-out at 125psi.(factory specs)

So, when I first started the day the compressor again wasn't shutting off but then began to shut off. Not sure if this is due to the leak. So I brought it up to pressure, it shut off and I can hear and feel air but can't figure where its coming from. There is no tube going into the switch box. I then did the old plumber thing(soapy water) and sprayed carefully. No air from any connections, then I sprayed the front of the switch box and sure enough, big bubble coming from the square gasket where the aluminum connects to the plastic box.

Now, can this be fixed? Held in with 4 screws , but I do not see anywhere where this gasket is sold separately. The switch seems to be sold as an entire unit. Can I buy this gasket? Can I make this gasket? Can I use some kind of gasket sealant? or just buy a new switch as my intermittent cut-out problem might be due to another issue.

Thanks for reading.

10 years 1 month ago #386 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Senco PC1010 Leaks?
You're right, the manufacturers don't sell that Gasket/Diaphragm separately so the entire switch would need to be replaced.

You'd have to take the screws out and take it apart, but then you'd have to find a rubber diaphragm that's EXACTLY the same dimensions and thickness as the original; I wouldn't use Gasket material. Also, they're nearly impossible to put back together again as the manufacturers use a special tool to assemble these pressure switches, so it's very difficult to disassemble these and re-assemble it without ruining it completely.

Unless it's a very expensive pressure switch (this one's not) I would probably just replace it for $40 or $50 as that's a sure fire fix.
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds