After tank is full, air leakes from switch box

10 years 3 months ago #270 by Cbraford
I've been struggling with this problem for a month now. I don't want to have to get a new compressor because my wife will..... I have attached a picture from a video Master tool repair put on Youtube. I have no idea what is going on. Can anyone please help me with this situation?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #302 by seadoobutch
Replied by seadoobutch on topic husky air compressor model 671-049
Hello I have been noticing that my tank is drained by the end of the day on my compressor. I think I have found the leak. The line that goes from my pump to the check valve is leaking air back up to the pump, and also I have an issue with my pressure switch leaking air right at that valve stem where the switch hits it. Do I just have a bad check valve or both (pressure switch)

Thanks
Mike

10 years 2 months ago #303 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic husky air compressor model 671-049
Doubtful the pressure switch is defective too, typically the Check Valve is the root cause of the problem.
- MTR

10 years 1 month ago #372 by sweepy
Replied by sweepy on topic Senco PC1010 Leaks?
Hi

I have a little Senco PC1010 that appears to have a leak.

A day ago my topic would have been Senco doesn't shut off, but for some reason now it does shut off.

Just for info, according to senco data sheet the pressures are suppose to be Cut-in=90psi and Cut-out=120 psi. Max psi is 120psi.

So the compressor turns on fine and builds pressure only to 115psi, then shuts off.(Yesterday it never shut off just stayed at 115psi and never shut off) I do hear air coming from vent holes in motor while tank is filling, but I assume that is normal. When compressor shuts off, I can hear a little air coming from pressure switch or safety relief valve. Not quite sure, but I do seem to "feel" air from the hole on the pressure switch box. If I let the compressor sit, it will slowly go down from 115psi to 90psi in about 2hrs. and 75psi overnight.

Also of note is when I turn the switch off while filling before it hits 115psi say at 100psi. Compressor does not come back on unless I drop it back down to 75psi. i don't recall this as being normal.

So I'm trying to avoid buying parts that aren't bad so where should I start. Pressure switch? check valve? Safety relief valve? Can I test any of these items?

Thanks a bunch .

10 years 1 month ago #374 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Senco PC1010 Leaks?
Thanks for the post!
I forwarded this post over to this recent topic, it certainly sounds like a bad Check Valve in the tank. Try the Check Valve test first, of course, the link to see the video is below.

Hope this helps!
- MTR

10 years 1 month ago #375 by Cbraford
Replied by Cbraford on topic After tank is full, air leakes from switch box
Thank you guys so much, It was indeed the check valve in the tank. The reason why I did not think it was the check valve is because the check valve itself broke free from the bottom of the fitting and ended up freezing in the little water that was in it. So to the average "Joe" it looked like there wasn't anything there to begin with. It ended up freezing in the little water that was in it away from the weld flange of course, so I couldn't see it with a flash light. And shaking the tank to see if anything was loose in the bottom was useless. Hope these posts help others if they have the same issue.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds