Air compressor leaking a breather.

10 years 3 months ago #282 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Air compressor leaking a breather.
Also, you may want to clean the brass Pilot/Unloader Valve. If there's debris or build-up in the Valve, the stainless steel ball inside will not seat. You may want to do this as it's possible this is why you're getting the back-feeding air to the pump.

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pilot-valve-for...e-rcb-style-p-2.html

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #284 by emglo1
Replied by emglo1 on topic Air compressor leaking a breather.
I understand the need for the check valve. Since this unit is manufactured without a check valve does this mean I actually still have a valve seating problem? Perhaps it would solve all problems is I put in all new valves. Which would you recommend the check valve or a new valve set. Also what is the function of the top two unloaders with the o rings? I'm assuming if there is too much pressure they will let air out the air filter? Thanks again. Bob

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #285 by MTR-Admin
This is a problem that some Emglo units have experienced throughout the years, and obviously it can be very difficult to pinpoint the root cause.

The Unloader Valves in the head are operating as long as they spring back down easily after you pull the stem of the valve up. As long as the seats are clean and the o-rings lubed there's no need to replace them.

I would say that your Valves are *probably* okay. You can install a Check Valve, which will help, but my money is on the Pilot/Unloader Valve not operating correctly.

I bet the pressure that's back-feeding to your pump (and out of your breather) is coming from the small Bleeder Line that's attached to your Pilot Valve. These are notoriously difficult to repair. Again I would attempt to take it apart, clean it and make sure the stainless ball seats properly. If not, then the only option is to replace the Pilot Valve, which sell for about $39 or so.

My money is on that Pilot Valve.
Again, hopefully this gives you enough info to get this mystery solved!
- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: emglo1

10 years 3 months ago #286 by emglo1
Replied by emglo1 on topic Air compressor leaking a breather.
Thanks again for helping I will order the pilot valve. I have one mystery question. How is air getting past the pistons down to where the bleeder valve is? Is the air coming out of bleeder valve coming from the crankcase or from air getting past the pistons. Is something wrong with the pistons if air is getting past them?

10 years 3 months ago #287 by MTR-Admin
It's also a possibility that the Rings need replacing, true. This problem is difficult to diagnose. I know it's frustrating but there are just so many possible reasons why this could be happening.

Make sure the Valve Plate is not upside down, too. I know this seems it should go without saying, but I've done this before, which can cause this issue.

If you install Rings in the Pump and replace or clean the Pilot Valve, I would certainly think your problem would be solved.
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds