Emglo compressor bogging down

4 years 11 months ago #3075 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo compressor bogging down
The serial number means that it is an old A series unit, made on 5/15/91, the 98th unit that day.
You have an old unit, many things could be starting to go bad. If there was sufficient caking in the head of the pump, then any loose dried oil can find it's way into the new check valve clogging it as well as making it leak. Even though you replaced the capacitors, did you check the centrifugal starter switch? If the contacts are burned or the spring bad, the motor will not start properly. Here is a link for troubleshooting:
mastertoolrepair.com/howto-clean-motor-s...-switch-p-23178.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #3083 by dep14
Replied by dep14 on topic Emglo compressor bogging down
I thought about that, so over the weekend I pulled the motor apart to check the centrifugal switch and and clean the contacts (which I did). I noticed that there was significant wear on one section of the rotors. With most of the rotors, I can clearly see distinguishable lines separating the individual rotors. But on one section, the lower half of approximately 4-5 rotors, the lines are all gone. It looks like the section suffered significant wear. I'm thinking this is a dead spot on the motor?

4 years 10 months ago #3084 by skatingtoolman
Replied by skatingtoolman on topic Emglo compressor bogging down
There is a very good chance that this is the case, but now you are getting into the finer parts of motor issues. I will need to refer you to a motor shop on this one! They may have a way of testing the rotor. (the spinning part)

4 years 10 months ago #3086 by dep14
Replied by dep14 on topic Emglo compressor bogging down
Thanks, I will continue on this path and see where it leads me.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds