Husky air compressor model no. H1503TP

5 years 5 months ago #2678 by kalamarockfarmer
Replied by kalamarockfarmer on topic Husky air compressor model no. H1503TP
My question is, why is the pressure safety valve popping off at 120 psi. when the original control switch is factory set and not adjustable on at 125. psi. and off at 155 psi. when the pump will not pump over 120 psi.. Is the pump OL195B not the correct one, or is it faulty? I don't know what pressure this compressor is supposed to top out . Can anyone explain this? thanks.
Darryl Schmidt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #2679 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky air compressor model no. H1503TP
It appears that this unit is supposed to cut off at 150psi.
If your safety valve is releasing at 120 psi, then you need a new safety valve.

The safety valve is located here.
mastertoolrepair.com/safety-valve-904911...d1ktvtg71tpafej4l22o

5 years 5 months ago #2682 by kalamarockfarmer
If my Husky air compressor is to cut off at150psi, I was sent the wrong pump, OL195B or it if faulty? It is not able to exceed 120 psi. If the pump is the wrong one, can I return it?
Darryl

5 years 5 months ago #2684 by MTR-Admin
If the pump is in fact wrong, then yes you can return it. Typically it is not the pump design that allows it to pump to higher pressures, it is the pressure switch which regulates this.
Make sure that you do not have any leaking of air between the pump head and the tank. Use a spray bottle of soapy water to spray around the fittings and transfer tube while it is pumping up.

5 years 5 months ago #2686 by kalamarockfarmer
When I ordered the pump , this was the one that your parts page showed was the one to get. The reason this all started was the compressor was working fine and the belt broke. So when I tried to remove the fan I broke the head off the bolt. The last time I replaced the belt the fan bolt came out hard but didn't break and I installed the new belt with no problems. the compressor has operated like new for a long time until the belt broke again. As I was unable to remove the broken bolt I pulled the crank shaft and tried to find it on your parts page . The only solution I found was to order a new pump that on installation the trouble started. The old pump still works fine but I don't have the tools to remove the broken bolt in the end of the crank shaft and replace the belt. I sprayed all of the fittings with soapy water and saw no bubbles, the air tank held 120 psi, for two days until I pulled the pressure switch that was plugged with rust. I haven't pulled the safety pressure valve yet.What do you suggest I do now.
darryl

5 years 5 months ago #2687 by MTR-Admin
Darryl,
This is when things get tricky. It could be so many things. At this point, if there are any repair shops around you that work on these, you could try to take it to them to see what else may be the issue. If you want to return the pump, and get another one, you could. This may or may not fix the issue as when you remove and replace a pump, many of the parts have to be removed to do the swap and some of these other parts could now have issues. If you want an RMA, I can have the sales team process this for you.
When we get the other pump in, we can test it out and let you know what we found or we can simply issue you a credit. If you feel that it is the pump, we could send out another pump after we test the old one.

MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds