pulley diameter

8 years 11 months ago #1021 by sonnguyen
Replied by sonnguyen on topic pulley diameter
15.75 inches

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1022 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic pulley diameter
Thank you. With your original set up you were getting almost exactly 900 RPM at the pump, with your new motor you would see 1,762 RPM if you installed an 8" diameter pulley...and this would blow your pump up in minutes. Not good!

I'd recommend exchanging your new motor for a 1,750rpm motor, that way you shouldn't have to replace any other parts.

If you were to try and use your new motor at the higher RPM, you'd have to go down to a 4.0" diameter pulley; this would put you at roughly 885 RPM at the pump.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1023 by sonnguyen
so all i need is a 4" pulley than that new motor will work, is that right? also can you help me with the wiring diagram? what i need to get it pumping? do you sell this pulley? thks

8 years 11 months ago #1024 by MTR-Admin
We do sell a 4", Two-Groove Pulley with a 7/8" bore. You can find it by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/inches-od-154-1043-p-16747.html

This should work for you just fine as long as the motor shaft is 7/8", obviously.

All you'll need to do is change your Belts out to smaller Belts as your original Belts probably won't fit with the new pulley.

I'm not sure how to wire your motor to be honest, you would need to contact Temco or the motor manufacturer. There should be a wiring diagram inside the motor terminal cover, however.

I hope this helps, feel free to reply to let me know if it works for you or not.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1025 by sonnguyen
how do Ik how long the belt I need? On the electrical side I'll contact Curtis or YouTube for ideas, I'll measure my pump pulley to find out what size belt I need. Thks

8 years 11 months ago #1026 by MTR-Admin
Glad to help!

You can simply take a rope or cord and wrap it around the pump flywheel and motor pulley to determine the length of belt needed. Any auto parts store should stock the V-belts you need.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds