pulley diameter

8 years 11 months ago #1014 by sonnguyen
pulley diameter was created by sonnguyen
Hi im new to this forum, i recently purchase a used air compressor on craiglist, it a 5ph 3phase motor the brand is curtis model 5vt8 the pump is e-50 with a max rpm of 968, my problem is that i dont have 3ph at the house, so i purchase a 5ph 1phase from TEMCO the model is M00333 with rpm 3600 with the o.d shaft of 7/8 and the keyway is .1875 x .1875, my issue is the original motor has 1 1/8 o.d, so what mean is my original pulley which is 8in. wont be able to mount on the new motor, do you know anyone or company that sell 8in dia. with 7/8 id. that will fit my need, if i missing something let me know, like i said im new so cristism well taken, thks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1015 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic pulley diameter
Thanks for the post!

We may have a Pulley available for you, but first there are a couple more specs I need to have:

1. Is it a single-groove pulley or a two-groove pulley?

2. Is the Pulley an "A" or "B" groove? "A" groove will be 1/2" wide while "B" groove is 5/8" wide.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1016 by sonnguyen
Replied by sonnguyen on topic pulley diameter
It has 2 groove but for the belt groove im not sure ill measure it and get back with you soon, thks for the quick reply, so with the new motor can handle the load or rpm like the original motor? compare size wise the old one is much bigger and heavy, so you dont think there will be a problem? also all the electrical hook up has been remove, do you have a diagram for how to hook it up? i have search curtic website but cant seem to find any electrical hook up, mostly just spec, do i need a magnetic switch? or just a power shutoff switch? also the how to wire the pressure cut-off switch, thks a million.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1017 by MTR-Admin
No problem, glad to help.

I'm not too familiar with this Curtis model but I did find some specs for it online.

Your new motor should have a wiring diagram inside the wire cover box, where the electrical is installed. Typically there is a sticker with a wiring diagram inside of the cover.

As far as the duty of the new motor is concerned, it MAY not be enough to efficiently run that E-50 pump. I looked it up, the Full Load Amp rating is 19 with a smaller 56HZ frame.

Also, I assume the original motor RPM was 1,750 or so, do you know?

Do you know what the Full Load Amp rating and Frame size of the original motor was/is? This will be helpful, certainly. Typically the Frame size/type is denoted as "FR" on the motor label, while Amps is denoted by "FLA", of course.

This unit does use a magnetic starter as far as I can tell, at least that's why I'm reading on this webpage below:
aircompressorworks.thomasnet.com/item/ll...ric-compressor/5vt8#

I would probably install a mag starter, yes, as you may fry your pressure switch in no time, if not.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1018 by sonnguyen
Replied by sonnguyen on topic pulley diameter
here are the two motor the new one color black and the green color is the original motor, let me know if it comparable thks.
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago #1019 by MTR-Admin
Well the biggest thing is the RPM difference, the new motor is 3,470 so twice the speed. This may be a problem, you may need a 1,750 rpm motor like the original.

What is the outside diameter of the pump flywheel? I can tell if I have this.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds