Steel shim gasket for Dayton/Speedaire 4B236

2 years 6 months ago #3585 by kevinrwright
Steel shim gasket for Dayton/Speedaire 4B236 was created by kevinrwright
My Dayton/Speedaire 4B236, using the seems-to-be-common 4B247 pump seems to have developed an issue with the gasket between the head and the valve plate. Efficiency is down and it heated up enough to melt the plastic air filter. According to diags, that sort of problem is an issue with the valve plate and/or the gasket(s). Sure enough, there's a split int he gasket between the intake and exhaust sides.
My issue is that all the kits I see for this pump use a rectangular o-ring between the head and the top of the valve plate. Mine uses a steel shim gasket that is as large as the valve plate itself. This wouldn't be such a problem if the valve plate assembly was still available, but it shows as NLA/indeterminate backorder almost everywhere I've looked, and I fully expect anyone that shows to be able to get it to *not* actually be able to do so.
My question then is: is it possible to get a replacement steel shim gasket. I can't even seem to find a part number for it - all the parts houses and diagrams show the o-ring style gasket.
The bores of the pump look perfect - I'd hate to have to completely replace the pump (which, ironically enough, *is* still available, at least as an aftermarket piece.)

Thanks,
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #3601 by okmarts2
Replied by okmarts2 on topic Steel shim gasket for Dayton/Speedaire 4B236
Hollow shaft encoder is also known as hollow encoder. When installing this type of encoders, it is necessary to avoid rigid connection with the encoder. Please refer to the instructions for the size of the installation shaft. When installing, the encoder should be gently pushed into the quilted shaft. It is strictly forbidden to knock with a hammer, in order to avoid damaging the bearing and the encoder as whole. After a hollow encoder has been used for a long time, you should check whether the screws fixing the encoder are loose. Okmarts provide many engineering parts. If you are interested in its websites, you can browse it.   Okmarts industrial online store provides various quality industrial products, 
servo amplifier, servo motor, servo driver, frequency converter, solenoid valve, overhaul kits, Thyristor. Autonics hollow shaft encoder E80H30-1024-6-L-5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds