Craftsman Electric Pressure Washer - 580.760211

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2068 by Merc4stroke
to start my pressure washer, I squeeze the trigger, turn on the water, then turn on the unit itself. It runs until I let go of the trigger, then it will not kick on again. I took it apart and found that the small shaft (maybe part of the venturi?) doesn't move to engage/disengage the micro switch (#5) If I remove #7 and lightly tap on the shaft, it starts to move freely again. I put it back together, and it works as long as I use the start procedure above and do not let go of the trigger. If I let go of the trigger, I have to take it apart and free up that little shaft again. Can you tell me if the venturi might be bad? If there's a good chance that is the problem, how does the venturi come out of the housing? I am washing 250 feet of privacy fence, and I've had to take the pressure washer apart 5 times to get this far. Please help!? Thanks for your time. Mike

This is the exploded view I was looking at: mastertoolrepair.com/electric-pressure-w...1030864.html?aq=true

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #2069 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Craftsman Electric Pressure Washer - 580.760211
Thanks for the post Merc4stroke!

As a disclaimer I am not certain about what the issue is here as the breakdown does not give a good illustration of the parts and the positions they are in. There is a piston #8 on the breakdown, it's possible there is an issue with this sticking or hanging up. There are o-rings, wipers and a stop with this piston which makes up an assembly that may actuate the switch, any of this could be a problem. Mineral deposits or dirt / sand / debris could have entered through the water inlet. Just taking it apart and cleaning may resolve the issue.
Hope this helps somewhat.

- MTR

6 years 10 months ago #2077 by Jackmoulds
Replied by Jackmoulds on topic Craftsman Electric Pressure Washer - 580.760211
It`s really great idea. Thanks for sharing how to To Use a Pressure Washer Effectively. This tips are really important for me because I want to buy pressure washer to help me clean my house. I`ll follow this post to chose a pressure washer, www.pressure-washer-review.com/

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds