Repair Homelite 2700 gas powered pressure washer

11 years 5 months ago #68 by herman
Purchased a Homelite pressure washer 2700 with honda engine 6 months ago at Home Depot. Unit was submerged in salt water during Hurricane Sandy. Is it possible or worth it to repair the unit. Replacement cost is $350. Any advice appreciated.

Herman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #70 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Repair Homelite 2700 gas powered pressure washer
Thanks Herman.
As long as the engine runs, it may be functional. To be safe I'd clean out the carb, replace the spark plug, change the oil & gas to see if the engine runs. As long as no salt water reached its way into the pressure washer pump you should be alright. If it did, then it'll probably rust the aluminum and disintegrate the o-ring seals. I would see if you can hook it up after you get the engine running to find out if it pumps like it should and if you get adequate pressure.

If you find the pump leaks or you don't get much pressure you can probably replace the pump for about $100 so it may be worth it. I would see what you find once you get it running and hooked up. If the engine just won't start or run you may want to just replace the whole pressure washer.

You may want to see if it can be replaced under factory warranty, you may want to try contacting Homelite directly at 1-800-242-4672 or find warranty info on their site here:
www.homelite.com/service_support/warranty

Hope this helps and feel free to post a reply here with your findings!
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds