N80CB1 air leak

6 years 4 months ago #2241 by Rudyjr
N80CB1 air leak was created by Rudyjr
I have a N80CB1 that I have used very little through the years. I took it out of storage to do a small framing job and fired one nail and the gun started leaking air at the trigger. I purchased a new tva6 trigger valve (generic knockoff) and installed it and the gun acts exactly the same. I disassembled the old green valve and looked it over and see no bad orings on the old unit. Is it possible that this nailer has a different issue causing these symptoms or do I have two bad valves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #2244 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic N80CB1 air leak
The new Trigger Valve should have fixed the problem, so it's odd that it didn't. As long as the o-rings are lubricated and it was installed correctly, it should have repaired the issue.

You could have a problem with the Head Valve o-rings, but if air is constantly blowing out of the trigger area when you hook up your air hose, the trigger valve should have fixed this issue.

It can't hurt to disassemble the rest of the nailer and thoroughly clean the inside of the body of the nailer, cylinder, head valve and all other internal components, then re-lube all of the o-rings and reassemble.
Most likely other o-rings are dry-rotted or not lubricated as they should be, being the nailer was in storage.

Let me know if I can help you further and I'll do what I can.

- MTR

6 years 4 months ago #2245 by Rudyjr
Replied by Rudyjr on topic N80CB1 air leak
Thanks for the follow up. I had just taken the rest of the gun apart and inspected everything when I saw your reply. I had found nothing wrong with the rest of the gun, it all looks brand new. I decided to take the old green trigger valve apart again to see if I could find anything. I completely disassembled it and the uppermost piece that has two orings on it and is pressed up into the top had what appeared to be some kind of hard clear material trapped in it. Could have been a clear deteriorated oring. I then inspected the replacement valve and it appeared that the main trigger side oring was a smaller cord diameter. I swapped out that oring with the old one from the green trigger and it works! Wish I had found this site before I purchased that piece of junk on ebay! Thank you for your help.

6 years 4 months ago #2246 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic N80CB1 air leak
That's great to hear! I'm glad you found the problem, and I figured it would be in the trigger valve system.

You shouldn't have had to transfer any o-rings from the older valve, but hey if it works, then it works. Thanks for posting and hopefully this will help others in the future.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds