brad nailer doesn't fire brad well

3 years 3 months ago #2215 by Burgerman
brad nailer doesn't fire brad well was created by Burgerman
About 10 years ago I went to Home Depot and bought a Porter Cable pancake compressor, hose and 18 gauge brad nailer combo kit. Ever since the first time I used it, the nailer didn’t work properly. About 20% of the times I fired the nail gun the nail would only penetrate the wood part way leaving ¼” inch above the wood surface and all bent up. There was no jamming as the next nail usually went in normally. I mostly use 2” brads. The other 80% of the time the nails went in perfectly. This same problem still exists today. I am a DIYer so I don’t use it very often. I always lube the gun with 3 drops of pneumatic oil before I use it. The compressor is set at 90 psi.
I saw your web site so I thought I’d ask for your help. Can I get your thoughts and advice on how to fix this problem and what parts I might need if any? Thanks in advance!
Rick M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds