Bostitch N60FN Finish Nailer Rebuild

6 years 11 months ago #2045 by shanz3n5
Bostitch N60FN Finish Nailer Rebuild was created by shanz3n5
it has been a few years since I pulled out this gun. Supplied air to it and had a top cap gasket leak. Opened it up and used some RTV gasket seal, cured and buttoned it back up. No more leak.
New issue.... Gun does operate at all with trigger and tip depressed. Im thinking Trigger Valve needs replacement, should i purchase a rebuild kit as well? if so which one please? I saw #RBK1 and #RBK2 on mfg website, which does it cross reference to your part number?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #2046 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N60FN Finish Nailer Rebuild
Thanks for the post shanz3n5,

I would say yes, it does sound as though a trigger replacement will take care of the problem the gun is having. The Trigger Valve Kit is part# TVA6, unless you have the metal trigger valve, in case that is obsolete at this point (units made between '87 and '92 typically had this valve).

I'd also recommend the ORK1 Rbld Kit, which gives you all o-rings (except the trigger valve o-rings), head gasket and cylinder seal.

Or, if the o-rings look like they're in good condition, the tool may just need to be cleaned, o-rings thoroughly lubricated and oil added to the nailer. You may still need to replace the trigger valve assy, however, especially if the gun sat without use for months.

You can find a full parts breakdown and parts list on our website by clicking on the below link:

mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-finish-na...ts-n60fn-p-4155.html

I hope this helps!

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds