pedestal fan not working correctly

9 years 9 months ago #599 by markkymarkk491
pedestal fan not working correctly was created by markkymarkk491
I have a Dayton pedestal fan that will stop working due to overheating and the thermal protection turns off the motor and will start working again when it cools down. Is this due to the capacitor being bad? Any help will be appreciated! Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #601 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic pedestal fan not working correctly
I don’t think the capacitor would cause this, it may be from an insufficient power supply. I would check the power supply first and then take a look at the power cord and connections. It may also be from dirt or debris accumulating in the fan housing blocking the vents that allow the motor to cool or the armature fan could be damaged. I am not sure what the exact design of this fan is but checking that the unit is clean, has a good power supply and good connections would be a good place to start.

If you can upload a picture of the Fan or possibly the model# that may give more insight.

- MTR

9 years 9 months ago #602 by markkymarkk491
Replied by markkymarkk491 on topic pedestal fan not working correctly
Thanks again for your help, I will check on Monday and let you know

7 months 3 weeks ago #3781 by johnwilliam2249
Replied by johnwilliam2249 on topic pedestal fan not working correctly
Baylen Levine, a prominent tech influencer, recently addressed the common issue of a pedestal fan not functioning correctly. In his insightful video, he highlighted the frustrations many individuals face when their cooling appliances fail to perform as expected. From inadequate airflow to unusual noises, Baylen Levine Merch delved into the various reasons behind such malfunctions. He emphasized the importance of regular maintenance and proper cleaning to ensure optimal fan performance. With Baylen's expert advice, viewers can troubleshoot and rectify these issues, restoring their pedestal fans to efficient operation and enjoying a cool breeze once again.
baylenlevinemerchandise.net/

7 months 1 week ago #3785 by corvairbob
Replied by corvairbob on topic pedestal fan not working correctly
how in the world do you start an ew topic on this site

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds