Workforce remove hose from pump and troubleshoot

8 years 2 weeks ago #1556 by Rmolina0
How do I remove the hose from the pump after disassembling the pump from the frame? Also I get no water pressure when I run the machine. It appears a piece of the pump relief valve has broken off but I can't tell for sure. Do I replace the valve or the entire pump?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #1558 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Workforce remove hose from pump and troubleshoot
Thank you for the post!

Judging from the pictures you have sent I would say on this pump the high pressure hose pulls straight out of the connector tube on the pump.

The connector tube is the gold colored tube mounted on the pump and the hose pushes into the tube and the rubber covered nut screws onto the threads and secures it. The hose is probably stuck in the tube; there is an o-ring on the hose connection that seals it, rust and/or mineral deposits have probably built up and seized the connection.

The broken part on the pump looks like the soap injector tube connection has broken off. If there is no pressure coming out of the pump chances are the pump needs to be replaced. We (Master Tool Repair) sell the soap injection kit but the fitting looks to be broken off in the housing and would have to be extracted to install the kit.

If the engine runs OK on this unit then the best bet would be to remove the high pressure hose by wiggling or trying to twist the connection, penetrating oil might help. If the hose is in good shape after removing (the o-ring should be replaced) then replace the pump assembly and the unit should be good to go. There are no repair parts for the pump that I know of so replacement is the only option and we do sell a replacement pump which is relatively easy to install. The OEM pump on these units are usually only good for about 50 hours of run time depending on conditions, honestly.

I hope this helps.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rmolina0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds