Husky 80522 Water Pressure Washer

8 years 10 months ago #1028 by frank in houston
Husky 80522 Water Pressure Washer was created by frank in houston
I seem to be able to start the engine fine. As long as I hold the trigger on the wand in the spray position, it sprays. When I release the trigger, the motor dies. It gets very hot and I have to wait for the engine to cool down before it will start again. Could this b a defective thermal relief valve problem?

Also, when I look at the diagram of parts for this model of washer, there is no number for the water pump. Is a new pump not available for this washer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #1029 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 80522 Water Pressure Washer
Thanks for the post Frank.

I would say yes, you could have a defective Thermal Relief Valve in the Pump. This is the first part I'd replace as it's also the cheapest option.

Unfortunately there are no pump parts available for this unit and the pump itself is no longer available, per the manufacturer.

You can find a parts breakdown of this unit on our site by clicking on the below page link:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/pressure-washer...hu80522-p-40428.html

- MTR

8 years 10 months ago #1030 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 80522 Water Pressure Washer
If the Thermal Release Valve doesn't take care of it, then the pump Unloader is the problem.

This allows the pump pressure to relieve when the wand trigger is released.

There are no parts for the pump on this unit any longer, however, so installing a new pump would be the option (or replacing the pressure washer).
There are other pumps that will fit on this unit with minor modifications.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds