Is "Pump Defender" a good anti-freeze for washer?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #689 by sofasurfer
I need to winterize my power washer. The store guy recommended the basement in the winter but I was raised to beleive that gasoline does NEVER belong in the house. He then recommended "Pump Defender" which I now find is made by a company called "Universal By Apache". Thats a wierd name and maybe I am incorrect but here it is...
Universal by Apache Pump Defender 4 Oz.

My question is what temperature does it protect down to? Does anyone have an answer to this or know where to get an answer? Do you use and recommend this product? Do you have a better product or idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #692 by Nightrider1987
Replied by Nightrider1987 on topic Is "Pump Defender" a good anti-freeze for washer?
I use auto coolant mix with some water and feed into washer.Just remember this is toxic and when you start out next year collect when started and dispose in a recycle container and take to your recycle center.Also the past 4 years I use a air compressor and attach to the water in and blow air through the system I then pull the starter rope a few times to turn the pump over as to open and close the internal valves in the pump.Remove the water strainer dump water and reinstall and do above again.Until the is no water in system.Also blow out hose and gun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds