Repairing Troy-Bilt Mdl 020416-1 Pressure Washer

9 years 10 months ago #563 by lkinnan
I started up my washer after being stored over winter. Initially water was flowing into the wand without a problem but then stopped. I checked for blockages and started the unit again. After about 10 seconds a plug blew out on the pressure pump (these look like hex head bolts and there are three of them. The one that blew out was closest to the high pressure outlet).

I have ordered a replacement plug and o-ring but am wondering what else needs to be looked at. So far I have not found a maintenance manual for the unit. Since I disassembled the pump I need to verify that oil is back into the pump but am unsure where to feed it in the unit. I am also unsure what else needs to be looked at before starting the unit.

Thanks for any tips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #575 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Repairing Troy-Bilt Mdl 020416-1 Pressure Washer
Thanks for the post!

Some of the Seals in the Pump may be not been lubricated well enough when the unit was stored, this is the most common problem with pressure washers. The best thing to do is use a "Pump Saver" before storage like our part# 6039 or something similar: www.mastertoolrepair.com/pump-saver-6039-p-42382.html

Make sure the Valves are in good shape as well. There aren't too many parts available for this pump, however, except for common o-rings.

This unit was manufactured by Briggs & Stratton for Troy-Bilt so if you have any detailed questions about the pump you can contact their customer service tech line at

You can find some helpful technical documents on our site regarding pressure washer maintenance and trouble shooting by clicking on the below link: 800-444-7774.

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pressure-washer...310_485_663_673.html

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds