Husky HU80220 loses pressure

9 years 11 months ago #480 by skink
Husky HU80220 loses pressure was created by skink
hello,

runs good at start up loses pressure if I lower the water volume entering the machine it is better but will still die eventually... also in this sate of no pressure it will trip the breaker if I don't nurse it back to health by laying off of the trigger...

my initial thought is to replace the pump but my experience tells me it could be something stupid simple like a gasket/oring...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #481 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky HU80220 loses pressure
Thank you for the post!

I've attached a Trouble-shooting chart to this post for your reference, this should help.

First off, a consistent volume of water at the intake is necessary for the pump to operate properly. Normal water pressure at probably 40 PSI should not have a damping effect on the pump, there is probably a problem with the plastic valves in the pump. I have run into this issue before and the cost of repairing the pump is usually more than replacing it. One of the best preventative measures is to have a filter screen at the water inlet connection and run the Pump Saver ( www.mastertoolrepair.com/pump-saver-6039-p-42382.html ) through before storing for any length of time. This sounds like a case of back pressure putting the pump in a bind and causing a drag on the electric motor which causes the breaker to trip. Without looking at the unit myself I can only give you my best guess and that would be that it needs a pump.

Hope this helps!

- MTR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds