need help diagnosing

4 years 8 months ago #3138 by aflemi01
need help diagnosing was created by aflemi01
I have a Troy Bilt gas power washer model #020413, 2500 max PSI, 2.3 max GPM machine. The engine starts just fine, when I try to squeeze the trigger for the power washer wand, the engine just shuts down (water connected and turned on prior to engine start). Then the start cord is really hard to pull. Turn off water, squeeze trigger, release pressure, turn water back on, squeeze trigger, water comes out, start engine, engine runs fine, squeeze trigger, engine shuts off.

Is it the unloader valve, is it the pump, is it something else, is the machine just shot and I need to buy a new one? Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #3139 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic need help diagnosing
This definitely sounds like the unloader valve.
Here is a video on how to clean it.

Also, make sure that your wand and gun are working. When the unit is turned off and the water hose is turned on, does depressing the trigger cause a flow of water out of the nozzle?

3 years 2 weeks ago #3516 by JackFlexer
Replied by JackFlexer on topic need help diagnosing
To avoid spending a lot of money on repairs, it is better to buy a new pressure washer. I was looking for a good one myself, but I couldn't find one, because there is a huge selection on the market and it's hard to choose. I ended up buying a ROOJER(2.6 gpm flow rate, max PSI 3500 psi), trimthatweed.com/best-3000-psi-pressure-washer/ helped me with my choice. Maybe you, too, will help with the choice of new equipment. They talk about the best 5 pressure washers out there. All the specs are detailed, I think you'll find something for yourself.

2 years 2 months ago #3623 by jamesherbert450
Replied by jamesherbert450 on topic need help diagnosing
You should go for a new one if you have difficulty finding the same old things. I tried this  golf-tipsandfacts.com/  and proved very helpful.

1 year 9 months ago #3671 by marcler
Replied by marcler on topic need help diagnosing
Thanks for this interesting information!

1 year 9 months ago #3674 by marcler
Replied by marcler on topic need help diagnosing
French pajamas were created by Coco Chanel in the 1970s. It is a type of pajama-like trousers with a buttoned shirt with long sleeves. Coco Chanel had fashion statements for these pajamas was to “create a robe that one could pass from daywear to going-to-bedwear.”
At the end of the 20th century, Ralph Lauren noticed that people were wearing pajamas as their daywear attire. That same year, Ralph opened a “sleepwear” shop in Miami which sold what would become known as “pajamas” by many other designers. In 1994, Polo’s first ad campaign ever was to promote this new line thevou.com/fashion/cottagecore-fashion/ .

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds