Chicago Electric Miter Saw Stator Help

3 years 3 weeks ago #3525 by Jrphill1
Chicago Electric Miter Saw Stator Help was created by Jrphill1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to working on tools. I have a basic understanding of wiring and have been doing research recently on DC and Universal Motors. I'm currently working on a Chicago Electric Miter Saw (Item 61969). I got it for free from my father in law after it suspiciously stopped working. I've cracked it open and its clear that the neutral wire lead coming from the power supply broke off somewhere behind the Stator in the motor housing. Problem is I can't seem to remove the Stator to get a better look at it or attempt a repair. Any Ideas on how to get the Stator out. I removed two screws that I assumed held the Stator to the Housing but it seemed to have no effect. 

Have mercy on me if I'm an idiot. I'm just now getting in to this and have tons to learn.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #3526 by Jrphill1
Replied by Jrphill1 on topic Chicago Electric Miter Saw Stator Help
Here is a pic

2 years 7 months ago #3576 by mehmetkol
Replied by mehmetkol on topic Chicago Electric Miter Saw Stator Help
1.Ensure the engine is cool
2.Remove the plastic fairings (if applicable)
3.Locate the gasket coverUnplug the electrical connection
4.Test all 3 connection points with a multimeter to ensure it is the faulty part

Don't be unfair to yourself. I believe you can do this job. I ' ll take special notes on this subject. I've read elsewhere about people having problems. I hope your problem is solved, love...

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds