Husky C602H Help

6 years 2 weeks ago #2334 by jscheiner.09
Husky C602H Help was created by jscheiner.09
Hi,
I recently have been having trouble with my 60 gal single stage compressor.

I have had it for 2 years and probably used it about 200 hours.

Recently, it has been sounding like it has been laboring, and very loud. Shortly after that, it would build pressure extremely slowly. It would build pressure to around 60-80 ish psi, then I would not want to run it after that because of it being on so long to try and build up that pressure.

At that point in time I did not change the oil once, or the air filter *I know, very stupid*.
I ordered a new air filter from you guys (and head gasket), only installed the air filter.

I changed the oil and added a new air filter ( the previous one was disgusting and completely clogged).

After doing both of those, It sounded so much quieter directly from startup.
However, still built up pressure very slowly.

I took the head off and realized the gasket was nearly gone.

I replaced the head gasket and put it on with the flat side facing the pistons, the rounded facing the cylinder head.

After tightening everything up, I could not build pressure again. (I did spray a little lubricant on the outside of the cylinder head where the gasket is to see if anything was escaping, I did have a fair amount of air bubbles.

Did I install the head gasket incorrectly? Is that likely the reason it is not building air? The reed valves did have slight a slight burn mark, but nothing alarming looking.

I have not had time to take the head off and turn the gasket over to see if I installed it incorrectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #2336 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky C602H Help
Thanks for the post!

My first thought is exactly what you were thinking as well, you have defective Gaskets (most probable), a dirty air filter and/or defective Valves.

You can view a full breakdown of the pump here:

mastertoolrepair.com/stationary-single-s...skjs7opeli8btcbah5a6

I'm not sure if you installed the Gaskets incorrectly, but you can certainly contact the manufacturer directly at 888-895-4549 and speak with a service tech to confirm that you did. This unit was made by Coleman Powermate, who manufactured this unit for Husky.

Make sure you scrape off every bit of old gasket material from the Head, Cylinder and both sides of the Valve Plate; you want to make sure you have no old gasket material or residue on the components when you install the new Gaskets.

If you know you installed the Gaskets correctly and you still get very little pressure build up, I would recommend replacing the Valves (which comes with the Valve Plate Assy).

- MTR

6 years 2 weeks ago #2337 by jscheiner.09
Replied by jscheiner.09 on topic Husky C602H Help
Fair enough! I did notice a little bit of buildup on the pistons. I cannot tell if it is from the gasket, or just carbon? Once I have the head removed. Do I just have to lift the valve plate assembly off? Or is it held on in another place? Thinking about removing it so I can hit the piston with sea foam and suction it out.

6 years 1 week ago #2340 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky C602H Help
Right, you can simply lift up the Valve Plate once you have the Head off; it should be pretty easy to remove.
Carbon build-up is pretty common so you certainly want to make sure you clean the Piston tops very well. Once all components are clean of carbon and/or Gasket material and the new parts (at least Gaskets if not a new Valve Plate Assy) are installed, the unit should operate like new. Hope this helps!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds