model number Y6020-WK 25 GAL

6 years 10 months ago #2051 by byrdman4u
model number Y6020-WK 25 GAL was created by byrdman4u
model number Y6020-WK I was using it working on my car put tool down and to use it again noting no air I walked back to look at it it was plused in to the wall outlet turned off and on noting I have had this for 15 years didn't use it tile about a year ago can any one tell me whats up with this junk I am thinking motor shot?????????????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #2052 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic model number Y6020-WK 25 GAL
Thanks for the post byrdman4u,

Just to confirm, the unit will run but it won't build any pressure? Or, will the unit simply not turn on at all?

If the unit will not turn on at all, check the motor brushes first to see if they're worn down to nothing. Then, test the power cord with a multimeter. If that checks out, then check the copper contacts inside the on/off pressure switch, which is what the motor cord and power cord wire to. Are the copper contacts burnt or damaged? If so, the pressure switch needs to be replaced.

If the unit runs but doesn't build pressure, this is caused by either defective flapper valves in the pump head, or a worn compression ring (and cylinder cup). You would need to remove the head and inspect these components to confirm.

- MTR

6 years 10 months ago #2053 by byrdman4u
Replied by byrdman4u on topic model number Y6020-WK 25 GAL
it will not turn on at all

6 years 10 months ago #2054 by MTR-Admin
Since the unit won't turn on at all, check the motor brushes first to see if they're worn down to nothing. You should be able to see them once you remove the plastic shroud covering the motor/pump. Are the carbon brushes touching the copper commutator on the armature? If so, test the power cord with a multimeter to make sure you're getting current through it. If that checks out, then check the copper contacts inside the on/off pressure switch, which is what the motor cord and power cord wire to. Are the copper contacts burnt or damaged? If so, the pressure switch needs to be replaced. Hope this helps you out!

- MTR

6 years 10 months ago #2057 by byrdman4u
Replied by byrdman4u on topic model number Y6020-WK 25 GAL
thanks it was a 30 amp fuse

6 years 10 months ago #2059 by MTR-Admin
I was going to mention the fuse/circuit but somehow missed it in my replies. Sometimes it's the most obvious thing! Glad you found the problem.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds