1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor

7 years 4 months ago #1982 by jonellingham
1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor was created by jonellingham
Hello! I just recently picked up a 1998 80 gallon 6.5 hp devilbliss unit (model PRLK6580V2). It needs some TLC and I have some gaskets and parts on the way, but the big hurdle I am having is that the motor is missing one of the capacitors. I have attached the motor nameplate for reference. I cannot find a schematic or parts list for the motor itself, so I don't know how to even go about finding a replacement capacitor. So, I am looking for a replacement capacitor (or at least specs to find a replacement) and the wiring description or diagram.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #1987 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor
You may have to bring the old capacitor to an electrical supply shop to match a replacement up.

The next step would be to contact A.O. Smith directly, below is there Contact Us page:

www.aosmith.com/contact/

With the model# info on the motor they should be able to recommend the direct replacement capacitor, or at least give you the specs for the original capacitor.
I don't believe they sell to the general public, so I'm sure they'll give you a retail website to visit to purchase the capacitor, or send you to a local brick-and-mortar (if available) retailer to find a replacement. Hope this helps!

6 years 9 months ago #2079 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic 1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor
Did you find an answer? I also have the same motor on my compressor and my capacitors are so rusty that I cannot read the specs. I contacted AO smith and the sold their motor division to Regal Beloit. I am trying to contact them. They have several divisions. As far as I can tell Century builds motors for air compressors. I have sent them an email and I am waiting for them to contact me.

1 year 3 months ago #3737 by timmytulsa
Replied by timmytulsa on topic 1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor
Took me forever, but finally found official information for the start and run caps...Start 330V 216-259uF. Run 440/370VAC 35MFD. Hope this helps 5 years later!!!! LOL

1 year 2 months ago #3743 by marcler
Replied by marcler on topic 1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor
Thanks for this solution!

1 year 2 months ago #3744 by marcler
Replied by marcler on topic 1998 Devilbliss Missing Motor Capacitor
That’s why we take the time to understand your goals and objectives and create a custom solution that meets those needs. We use the latest technologies and techniques to ensure that your IT infrastructure is always up-to-date and secure. We also provide ongoing maintenance and support so that your IT staff is always working at its best  mlsdev.com/services/it-staff-augmentation

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds