Pressure Reg, Before or After Dryer?

7 years 7 months ago #1819 by ToyMaker
Pressure Reg, Before or After Dryer? was created by ToyMaker
Hello All,

I have a SpeedAire two stage 175 PSI compressor and separate SpeedAire Dryer. Should the pressure regulator go between the Compressor and the Dryer or after the dryer?

Nobody seems to know................

Thanks in advance for your help. =D

~Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1820 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure Reg, Before or After Dryer?
Thanks for the post ToyMaker!

You want the Dryer to be installed before the air Regulator, so in between the compressor and the Regulator.

The Regulator should always be the last item in the line, as the air will be filtered and dried before it reaches it so as to not damage the internal components; also, you will have the most accurate pressure to your tool/application if the Regulator is last in line at the POU (point of use).

I hope this helps!

- MTR

7 years 7 months ago #1821 by ToyMaker
Replied by ToyMaker on topic Pressure Reg, Before or After Dryer?
Thank You for your response! That would have been my assumption. My only concern was the max air pressure the dryer could handle since I got it second hand without paperwork. It says it's rated for a 15 hp max compressor and mine is only 7.5 hp........

7 years 7 months ago #1822 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure Reg, Before or After Dryer?
Glad to help!

The Dryer has more then enough capacity for your 7.5 HP it sounds like, so you should be good to go there.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'd be glad to assist further.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds