Husky 26 repair

8 years 9 months ago #1101 by rback33
Husky 26 repair was created by rback33
Good morning! First time poster in this forum, but I have ordered parts from here before. I have a Husky Q26 that was gifted to me if I wanted to repair it. I was TOLD the only issue was the regulator and missing knob. I ordered the parts from here and installed, but it still doesn't function correctly. Neighbor and I took the pump apart last night. I apologize for not using proper terms, but I hope you can follow along. It appears that it's been apart before and when put back together, the seal around the piston was pinched and then torn. It's now not able to create proper pressure. Please see attached pic. Is there any way to repair this? We cannot figure out how to get it apart if it's possible. Thanks for any help you can give!

Jeremy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1102 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky 26 repair
Thanks for the post Jeremy!

It's unfortunate you have a damaged Piston Ring, I'm afraid. Typically, most oil-free units have a removable piston with a torx screw in the center that you can remove, then replace the Piston Ring and reinstall. Not the case with this particular model...

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-fr...417270-p-759526.html

For whatever reason the manufacturer (Coleman Powermate) does not sell the Piston Ring or a Piston Kit, so I'm not sure how you would replace this unless you found a similar sized Ring from another compressor; the only way to know for sure is to try and fit one on a trial-and-error basis.

As you can see on the diagram on our site, the only option is the entire motor/pump assy, which is expensive.

I'm sorry I couldn't help but you may want to contact the manufacturer directly at 888-895-4549 to see if they can give you more info.
I would also ask them for a local service center as a shop may have one of these units in for repair that has a good Piston Ring on it...you never know.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: rback33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds