Kobalt 232177 Compressor Wiring

8 years 9 months ago #1090 by twotallkris34
Kobalt 232177 Compressor Wiring was created by twotallkris34
I have a 232177 1-HP 5.5-Gallon 135-PSI, it was taken apart by someone else now i am tasked with puting it back together, the issue now is it builds pressure to 135 psi and then blows out the release valve, I replaced the pressure switch, I am thinking maybe the wiring is backwards or not connected to the right spot since it was all disconnected before i got it. if anyone had a wiring diagram to where to connect the 3 wires that would be great or a picture of another one. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1091 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Kobalt 232177 Compressor Wiring
Thanks for the post!

Well, this unit has a max pressure of 135 PSI as you mentioned, this is what the pressure switch is factory pre-set to cut the unit off at.

The issue may be with your Safety Valve; the Safety Valve shouldn't be blowing off at 135 PSI, as it should never blow off at the same PSI your switch cut-out pressure is set for. You need typically 15 to 30 PSI difference between.
For this unit the Safety Valve is rated at 150 PSI so it shouldn't be blowing off before 150. If so, it's probably defective.

I would first make sure your tank Pressure Gauge is giving you an accurate PSI reading. If it's reading 135 PSI but you really have 150 PSI in the tank, that explains why your Safety Valve is popping off.

You can see a breakdown and parts list for this unit by clicking on the below link, btw:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...-232177-p-16765.html

Hope this helps, reply with any additional information you have and we'll go from there.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds