Carlson Systems Gas Air compressor

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1038 by apkitz
Carlson Systems Gas Air compressor was created by apkitz
Hey people... looking for some info/help with an old carlson systems gas air compressor. It's probably 20 years old, and works great. But me being me thought it was a good idea to tune it up, engine and compressor. It didn't have a regulator or ports for outgoing air so I added those. I also replaced the pilot unloader valve. My next thing is I want to replace the throttle to the engine. Right now it has a centrifugal unloader valve attached to the engine with an old 1/4" looking radiator hose and it doesn't appear the valve does much as it appears it is not even really in contact with any part of the throttle--it throttles up and down---cuts out at about 150psi and back in at about 120psi......... anyway I'd kind of like to add an air style throttle..... but the sales rep at master repair was unsure what to put on my old engine... its a kawasaki FG200D and has 201cc on the sticker... The thing runs like a champ... the picture I attached doesn't have the new pilot unloader valve as I hadn't received it yet when I took it, it's the same style valve that was on there... I will also attach a pic of the centrifugal unloader valve (at least that's what I think it is!)

It looks like Rol-air might be what these machines are named now as the company still exists, and they sell rol-air now... I contacted the company and they didn't have much to offer....

If anyone would have a manual out there that would be super too! it is model number #CG5008JFRL Ser#8609121 I can send pics or what anyone might need to help me out...

Thanks everyone!--Andy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #1044 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Carlson Systems Gas Air compressor
Thanks for the post Andy!

Well, this may be a bit of a science experiment ;-)

You could POSSIBLY use an Airline-style like we have on our website, but since I'm not familiar with the Kawasaki engine I'm not positive it would install correctly. It's easy enough to install it on a Honda.
You can see instructions on how this installs by clicking on the below link:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/airline-style-t...e-control-p-544.html

The best bet is probably a Bullwhip-style cable throttle control, which is probably the most universal style out there; most likely it will install.

If I had the engine physically with me it'd be easier to say, honestly.

You're right, this is a Chinook Italian-made pump which Rol-Air uses so it's probably an old Rol-Air unit.

I'll see if I can gather more info, but so far this is all I have.

- MTR

8 years 10 months ago #1049 by apkitz
Replied by apkitz on topic Carlson Systems Gas Air compressor
Hey again.... took some more stuff apart and did more research and seeking another opinion here.... pic is attached of my throttle plate and it looks pretty much spot on to the honda engines....

The only curve ball is as i was looking up, a carb for instance, some vendors listed the carb would work for a robins engine or my kawasaki...... that leads me to believe maybe there are some similarities?--- are the throttle plates much different between the two? and.... I ask as I'm trying to figure out what is the major difference between the honda and robins air throttles on the MTR site...

I'd really like to get the air throttle to work....

many thanks, andy
Attachments:

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds