Husky check valve problem

8 years 11 months ago #1008 by bottomdollar
Husky check valve problem was created by bottomdollar
I just installed a new check valve and started up compressor. Let the pressure get to 100 psi but when shut off air leaked out through the intake. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1011 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky check valve problem
Thanks for the post.

That certainly shouldn't happen after installing a new check valve. If it constantly leaks out of the intake, you either have debris stuck in the check valve which is keeping it open, or it possibly needs to be lubricated with a teflon-based lubricant or something similar.

My guess is that you had some debris in the head of the pump or in the transfer tube after you installed it, and that debris got stuck in the check valve, not allowing it to close after it shut off.

I would take the check valve back out, make sure it's clean and that the spring tension is good, then run the unit without the check valve so that the air pumps into the atmosphere; this way you'll remove any gunk that may be in the transfer tube.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1012 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky check valve problem
Also, you may have a blown gasket in the head or defective valves. Even if you have back-pressure from the tank due to a faulty check valve the valves and gaskets shouldn't be allowing air to enter the intake chamber. After inspecting the check valve you may want to remove the head and take a look at your valves and gaskets.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds