Pressure Switch Issue

8 years 11 months ago #1006 by garo5520
Pressure Switch Issue was created by garo5520
I just purchased & installed a new #034-0195 pressure switch on my Kobalt air compressor and it will not turn on. Motor leads are attached to the lower terminals and line leads are attached to the line terminals on the switch. Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1007 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pressure Switch Issue
Thanks for the post!

I'm sorry to hear this, you could be looking at a couple of different reasons for this:

1. New Pressure Switch is defective (it happens every now and again).
2. You have a motor defect or Capacitor defect.

Most likely the motor is fine, but there is a starter switch inside the motor, on the inside of the end cover opposite the pulley. A lot of times the contacts on this spring loaded starter get corroded and need to be cleaned.
You can see a technical how-to document on how to do just that on our website by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/images/How_To_C...r_Starter_Switch.pdf

Here is another helpful doc on trouble-shooting motor problems:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/images/Motor_Problems.pdf

Do you hear a hum or any kind of noise at all when you attempt to start it, or is there no sound at all? If there is a hum then you may have a faulty motor Start Capacitor.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

- MTR

8 years 11 months ago #1009 by bottomdollar
Replied by bottomdollar on topic Pressure Switch Issue
The motor runs and builds the pressure in the tank. Got up to 100 psi before I turned it off the see if there were any leaks in the joints I connected. Joints were fine but air all leaked back through the motor intake.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds