Emglo Compressor Straining

9 years 1 week ago #980 by 7-D4
Emglo Compressor Straining was created by 7-D4
Hello. I have a 2000 Emglo GT electric compressor. It's hardwired and well maintained, but has recently started struggling once it hits between 60 & 90 psi. It huffs and puffs, the belt squeals and the motor slows down, it seems like there's a blockage somewhere. It eventually gets to 175 & shuts off, but it takes a while. This last time, though, since I checked the check valve and the pipe (there were no problems there), I started from 0, and it only got to 90. I removed the oil fill plug to check for blow-by, but at that time, it never started struggling and went to 175 smoothly. Is it possibly a sticking exhaust valve? I am interested in buying a valve job kit from Master Tool Repair if this is the likely cause. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #981 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo Compressor Straining
Thanks for the post!

Most likely your Valves are the culprit, and this is very common for the Emglo/Jenny pumps after some time. The Exhaust Disc Valves (with the thicker valve springs) are probably stuck, or the spring has fallen out or lost tension, causing this to happen.
MOST likely a Valve Kit will solve the problem.

Just to be safe, make sure your pulleys and belts are aligned, and you should have no more than 1/2" deflection when belts are pressed down.

Hope this helps!

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7-D4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds