Airline Style Throttle Control For 18hp Honda

9 years 4 weeks ago #964 by philscordato
Airline Style Throttle Control For 18hp Honda was created by philscordato
Hi i have a quincy 340 compressor pump with a honda gx610 18hp motor. I'm looking to install a throttle control. I need something an absolute minimun of 36", but something 48" would be preferable. Due to the length and to keep my install neat and the routing clean i was thinking an airline style would be my best option as i could run a copper tubing line to match the other lines around the compressor.

My question is i was searching through your products and i believe the largest hp rated control is the "Airline Throttle Control Honda 11-13 Hp" I was wondering if this could be used on my gx610 18 hp motor. Or if you have any other options that would work for my application. I believe i have the proper unloader/pilot/check valve assembly, but in case i wanted to go with a new one just for a full fresh install what would you recommend? My air use is 25cfm at 125 psi.

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #966 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Airline Style Throttle Control For 18hp Honda
Thanks for the post!

I'll get with my suppliers to see what I can find....the Airline style would probably be best, as you can run any length of copper or nylon tubing to your Pilot/Unloader Valve pretty easily.

It all depends on the configuration of the throttle arm on the engine. I'll see what I can dig up and get right back to you.

- MTR

9 years 3 weeks ago #968 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Airline Style Throttle Control For 18hp Honda
My supplier recommends a Bullwhip cable-style Throttle Control Assembly. We don't carry an Airline-style throttle control that will operate with the GX610 Honda engine, I'm afraid.

I'd probably recommend the model TCXLPW-48 which has a 48" cable. We sell it for $52.93 + shipping.

As far as the Pilot Valve is concerned, I'd recommend something like the "NG"-style Pilot Valves, IF your main supply line from the pump installs into the inlet of the Pilot Valve.

You can see these here:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/ng-style-combin...er-valves-p-847.html

If your Supply Tube from your pump installs into a separate tank inlet (and not into the Pilot Valve itself) I'd recommend the RCB-style, found here:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/175psi-rcb-hu-175-p-4.html

Hope this helps, feel free to reply if you have any additional questions at all.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds