husky 3 gallon air compressor

9 years 2 months ago #927 by builderguy
husky 3 gallon air compressor was created by builderguy
Hi, I recently inherited a husky 3 gallon compressor. Model 395226. 12/12 manufacture date. Looks like new, except for the broken oil cap, stuck some duct tape over it and used it, worked quite well, until it didn't run...so I bled it down to see if that would do it. Now it just clicks when I tried to turn it on. Don't seem to find a reset, any assistance with this would be most excellent. Thanks in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #929 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic husky 3 gallon air compressor
Thanks for the post!

Well, your motor Start Capacitor could be fried, or the copper pressure switch contacts could be burnt or varnished; I would check these two points first.

You can perform a Capacitor test with a voltmeter, here's a video on how to do just that:

- MTR

9 years 2 months ago #935 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic husky 3 gallon air compressor
I forgot to ask, did you check the oil level in the pump prior to starting?
It looks as if there is a sight glass on the reservoir, if the unit was run with no oil it could be locked up.
If it has a reset it will usually be on the right top corner of the pump/motor housing under the cover. If there is no reset or it still does not work after resetting then I would UNPLUG THE UNIT and remove the cover, then try to turn the pump/motor by hand using the fan. If the pump/motor turns freely, then you need to check the continuity of the electrical connections from the power cord, pressure switch and motor connections.
If it does not turn freely and there is no visible or obvious reason, then you may need to drain the oil and remove the reservoir and gasket to inspect the pump drive. It looks as if repair parts are available to rebuild the pump if that is needed.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds