tech help

9 years 8 months ago #658 by paul
tech help was created by paul
I have a kobat air compresser model 232117. it runs fine but all the air is escaping thru the small hole in the side of the check valve. do I need to replace it or is something else wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #659 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic tech help
Thanks for the post Paul!

By check valve do you mean the small valve on the side of the on/off Pressure Switch, or the actual Check Valve in the tank inlet (which the main Supply Line attaches to)?

You can see a full breakdown of this unit on our site by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...-232177-p-16765.html

- MTR

9 years 8 months ago #660 by paul
Replied by paul on topic tech help
Cant figure out how to keep this conversation going? I am talking about the valve check part # E101610,thanks

9 years 8 months ago #661 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic tech help
Most likely your Check Valve is simply defective, yes. This is a one-way valve that typically gets clogged with debris, or the ball and spring falls out into the tank not allowing it to seal completely. You can try cleaning it first, but it may require simply replacing the Check Valve.

Here's an easy way to test the Check Valve:

1)Let your unit pump up. 2)Turn it off. 3)Find the supply line from the pump to the tank. 4)Remove the supply line from the pump head. 5a)If you hear air coming from the tank you have a defective check valve.

You can click on the below link to view a technical document as well as a short video:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-test-check-valve-p-22524.html

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds