HUSKY 150 PSI Compressor shuts down after 50 PSI

9 years 9 months ago #634 by dd5021
:) My Husky 150 PSI compressor shuts down after reaching only 50 PSI, this just started. I have to wait about 15 minutes and then it will start again for a little while and will do it again. I checked the wall outlet for a popped fuse and it not the outlet. If you know what's causing this please let know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #635 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic HUSKY 150 PSI Compressor shuts down after 50 PSI
Thanks for the post!

Firstly, do you have a Model# on the unit? This would be located on the tank label/decal.

This could be caused by a number of things:

1. Corroded/rusted copper contacts in the pressure switch.
2. Bad motor Capacitor.
3. Defective motor Reset Button.
4. Blockage in between the tank and the pump (possibly in the Check Valve, which is in the main Inlet).

I would take a look at the pressure switch, first, then remove the Check Valve from the Tank to make sure it isn't clogged or too dirty (this is the main valve in the tank, in which your main supply/feed tube connects to).

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there. The model# will help narrow it down as well.

- MTR

9 years 8 months ago #636 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic HUSKY 150 PSI Compressor shuts down after 50 PSI
Also, to be more specific:

I would start by checking the input voltage to the pressure switch and then with the pressure switch closed see what the voltage is to the motor. I would check this after the motor shuts down at 50 psi, if the voltage to the motor is good then I would suspect that there is a problem with the motor, connections or capacitor. Disconnect the unit from power and see if the motor turns freely if so continue checking the electrical portion if not then check to see what is causing the motor not to turn, such as a bad check valve or some obstruction.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds