30 gallon Kobalt 1.6 hp electric air compressor.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #565 by jcsz89

Ok so I bought this compressor on cf but it seem like the original pump is bad,So my dad has a pump from a different compressor, I finally got it to work. Bought a 145/175 psi Condor pressure regulator switch, pretty much the same, like the one it had, only difference the original one the came with is 125/155psi.Back to the air compressor pump I installed, I believe is a twin stage lubricated belt drive, not 100% from what compressor it came from. My pops says it came from a Craftsman gas compressor. The thing I can't figure out is the pump has two outputs, the one for the tank and the one for the unloader valve. So that's how I installed it but all the air was leaking from the unloader valve, so I installed it from the check valve, not closed the small output on the pump not it works but now it seems like it's overheating. Any one know a way to do it right? Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #577 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 30 gallon Kobalt 1.6 hp electric air compressor.
Thanks for the post!

What is the model# of the unit? This should be somewhere on the label on the tank. This will tell me a lot.

Also, you said "it's" overheating, is it the Pump or the motor that seems to be overheating? Does the motor trip the breaker?

Well, you do essentially have the compressor set up correctly.

The pump is actually a model "165" pump and it's a Single-Stage pump (max PSI 155). It's manufactured by Sanborn and you can find it on our site clicking on the below link:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/130-165-pump-pa...1-040-0222-p-35.html

You can route the Unloader from the Pump Head to the side port on the Check Valve...that will work. But if you're still having trouble, you can route it from the Check Valve to the Unloader Valve on the bottom of the Pressure Switch. The Switch should have a plastic Unloader Valve on the bottom in which you can connect it to....if not then it should work as you have it routed, now.

The Unloader Valve should look like this one, below:

- MTR
Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #607 by jcsz89
ok i believe I got it working now. thank you man, I was just wondering if I could connect another tank to that one for more air capacity, how would I do it? or whats the best way? I have a 20 gallon from craftman vertical tank just like the kobalt, except is a 2o gal. once again thank you.

9 years 9 months ago #611 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 30 gallon Kobalt 1.6 hp electric air compressor.
Sure thing!

You can do this, sure. The easiest way to do it would be just like this crafty gentleman did in this video on YouTube...give it a watch:

Or, you could simply connect the tanks together via a Stainless Steel, Flexible Transfer Tube like what we have on our site at the below link:
www.mastertoolrepair.com/transfer-tubes-...es-c-25_294_434.html

But, this is a bit more expensive and more work is involved, so I'd recommend using a few quick couplers and plugs like in the above video.
Gotta love the internet!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds