Sanborn not building pressure

9 years 11 months ago #533 by metalhead
Sanborn not building pressure was created by metalhead
Sanborn SLA8046065, Dayleap pump. Motor runs, does not make pressure. No leaks in lines. Pulled heads, valve plates have good tension, spring back to closed when lifted. Pulled one cylinder head. Rings look good, no scoring in cylinder. I see a safety pop-off valve but no check valve. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #534 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Sanborn not building pressure
Thanks for the post!

I would say the problem has to be in the Pump itself, being you don't have any obvious, external leaks and the pump is actually turning.
Make sure your Belt tension is good, you want 1/2" deflection if you press down on the Belt; slipping can cause this.

Most likely it's Valves, I'm just not sure what else could be the problem...as long as the Motor is turning the Pump, it should be compressing.

The Check Valve is located in the main tank Inlet, it's where the large copper Supply (Discharge) Tube connects to in the tank, in between the pump and the motor.

If you're still having trouble and can't find a reason why it's happening, contact a Sanborn tech directly at 888-895-4549. You can speak with Duane Feser. He knows his stuff.

- MTR

9 years 10 months ago #536 by metalhead
Replied by metalhead on topic Sanborn not building pressure
So, would the 165-0265 rebuild kit have the valve plates I need? The gaskets wouldn't hurt either. Pump has small oil seep out of drive pulley shaft.

9 years 10 months ago #537 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Sanborn not building pressure
The 160-0265 would be the safest bet and yes, it does include all three Valve Plates as well.

Here is what it includes per the manufacturer's diagram...

- MTR
Attachments:

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds